8.01.2008

obtuse sensations remind me of being a kid. this morning it rained for twenty minutes before you left at seven thirty. i wiped the rain water off my bike seat and rode home.

the clouds had disappeared quickly. at eight the world was mostly still and perfect.

it's always so damp here, damp in the winter that shakes your bones to the marrow and damp in the summer that forms sweat through all available pores and you can go three quarters of a day without having to piss.

at eight o clock it was seventy one degrees. i sleep in too often to enjoy the best weather of the day. the heat chokes everything.

the lake pretends to be the sea. we rock the waters with a wake. i said, the world is only getting worse to which my mother replied, oh please, they've been saying that since i was a kid.

7 comments:

jereme said...

this is good. i liked it.

the heat does choke everything.

ryan said...

the asian jared leto

brandon said...

my eyes burn it hurts to look at the computer screen, i feel serious 'exasperation' about this

im drinking

Connor Tomas O'Brien said...

as soon as i read the being about not having to piss i felt the need to piss.
thanks a lot.

Anonymous said...

read a book read a book
read a mfking book
brush ya teeth brush ya teeth brush ya teeth writea
its called speedstick
it aint expensive
its called speedstick

i like you and your blog too

Ben Latini said...

I said that I'd just discovered you...and then you asked me (on my stupid blog) who I am...but I don't know how to answer that because there's no clear contextual frame of reference. Who am I in relation to what?

I feel dumb for having typed the above, but if I don't post it...I'll have wasted 20 seconds.

LL said...

tan lines